Here’s my current copywriting fee schedule for marketing and advertising projects – along with my payment methods and terms of service.
The purpose of the copywriting fee schedule is to show you the price range you can expect to pay for specific projects.
This will give you an idea early on about whether I’m the right hire for your budget. And it also lets you know that my pricing is not random – there is a standard and you’ll get a quote among those guidelines.
I customize each project estimate based on the length and complexity of a project, as well as the industry-standard fee ranges for high-quality work set by the American Writers and Artists Institute.
Note: every copy assignment fee includes doing research and/or interview(s), as well as writing the copy. Graphic design and formatting work are an extra cost (if applicable).
Sell any product or service you have – from shampoo to financial services to engineering software – with advertising copywriting that is persuasive and concise.
Clearly explain how your offer helps your prospects.
- Standard 3-panel: $750 – $1,500
- 4-panel: $1,000 – $3,500
Captivate your prospects with a persuasive brand message.
- Small display: $500 – $1,500
- Half-page: $1,000 – $2,000
- Full-page: $1,500 – $3,000
Position your offer as THE practical solution for your prospects with a magazine-style ad.
- Writing from scratch: $750 – $1,500
- Editing a draft, depending on amount of editing: $250 – $750
Stand out with a clever concept and copy for mainstream media.
- 15-60 second Radio spot: $500 – $1,500
- 15-60 second TV spot: $500 – $1,000
- 20-45-minute radio infomercial (plus royalties negotiable): $5,000 – $22,500
- 20-45-minute TV infomercial (plus royalties negotiable): $10,000 – $67,500
Hand out helpful how-to guides to your customers.
- Price range: $500 – $1,000
Give your sales reps excellent product detailers to use with their prospects.
- One-sided sheet: $500 – $1,000
- Two-sided sheet: $1,000 – $1,500
Direct Mail Projects
Talk directly to your audience using a conversational and persuasive tone in your mail packages.
Lead-Generation Mail Package
Start the prospecting process on the right foot with an appealing package offering valuable information.
- Package of a 2-page letter, envelope, and order device: $1,500 – $5,000
- Package of a 4-page letter, envelope, order device, and buck slip: $2,000 – $3,500
Sales Order Mail Package
Close the deal with an offer that focuses on your prospects’ desires and a persuasive call to action.
- Royalties’ negotiable
- Package of a 2-page letter, envelope teaser, order device, and brochure: $2,000 – $4,500
- Package of a 4-10-page letter, envelope teaser, order device, and brochure: $3,500 – $7,500
Use this mail package to keep or upgrade your subscribers, members, and overall buyers.
- Royalties’ negotiable
- Renewal letter or insert + envelope teaser: $1,500 – $2,500
You can present this multi-page sales letter as a magazine or tabloid.
- Royalties’ negotiable
- Price range: $9,000 – $15,000
Grow leads, sales, and subscribers with an engaging piece.
- Single sheet: $750 – $1,500
- Booklet style: $750 – $2,500
Stay in the “keep” side of the mail pile and prompt action with these simple, yet warming, pieces.
- Postcard: $250 – $700
- Double postcard: $750 – $1,500
Digital Marketing Projects
Use your digital marketing tools to drive traffic to your website, landing pages, and microsites.
Drive the most visitors to specific discounts or other promotional pages.
- Text ad: $250 – $1,000
- Banner ad: $750 – $3,500
Long-Form Video Sales Letter
This video can be anywhere between 15 to 45 minutes long – however long it takes for you to deliver your message clearly and concisely.
- Cost starts at $5,000
- Royalties negotiable
Funnel Email Series
Deepen customer relationships and drive follow-up sales.
- 2-5 email series: $200 – $5,000
- 6-10 email series: $600 – $10,000
Standalone Sales Email
Reach out and grow sales with special promotions sent to your prospect’s inbox.
- Less than 500 words: $250 – $500
- Over 500 words: $800 – $2,000
Pay-Per-Click Ad Campaign
Breakthrough the digital clutter and drive traffic to specific web pages.
- 2-25 ad campaign: $150 – $8,750
- 26-50 ad campaign: $1,950 – $17,500
Social Media Ad Campaign
Attract followers, shares, and conversions with super-targeted advertising for platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- $500 per campaign
- Social network setup service available for an extra cost of $500
SEO and Web Content Projects
Rise through the search engine ranks with SEO and sales conversion copywriting for your web pages.
Home Page Content
Set the stage for a great website experience that generates conversions.
- Letter-style home page: $1,500 – $3,000
- Brochure-style home page: $500 – $800
- UX-style home page: $150 – $1,000
Web Page Updates
Rewriting for your current web pages.
- Category pages (About, Services, Contact, etc.): $250 – $500
- Product pages: $100 – $150
- FAQ pages: $500 – $1,000
Copy for a New Page
Use professional, compelling copywriting to describe your company, products, and services.
- Cost per page: $500 – $1,250
Online Sales Page
Generate more orders online with a full sales promotion.
- Royalties’ negotiable
- Short promotion (1-8 pages long): $1,200 – $2,500
- Long promotion (9 pages or more): $5,000 – $8,500
Lead-Generation Landing Page
A short “squeeze” page is written to attract as many qualified leads as possible.
- Price range: $500 – $1,500 per page
Boost your sales with a super-specific website holding two to five pages.
- Price range: $3,000 – $7,000 per site
Public Relations Projects
Promote your company, ideas, and causes with valuable information delivered in digestible pieces.
Get attention from the media and drive extra site visits.
- The fee depends on the extent of research/interviews involved
- Price range: $500 – $1,000 per release
Bring in more SEO traffic with useful information delivered in a digestible format.
- Writing from scratch: $500 – $1,000
- Editing a draft, depending on the amount of editing: $250 – $500
Present problem-solution stories that highlight the effectiveness of your offer.
- Up to four pages displaying facts and statistics with customer testimonials
- Price range: $1,200 – $2,000
Grow your mail or email list with a valuable special report.
- The fee depends on the length and the extent of research and/or interviews
- Price range: $2,000 – $7,500
E-newsletter or E-zine
Keep customer loyalty high with regular issues filled with helpful ideas.
- Formatting in your email platform is extra.
- Price range: $400 – $1,500
Seminar Script and Slides
Ensure a smooth presentation with a conversational script and easy-to-follow slides.
- For a seminar: $1,500 – $5,000
- For an online or teleseminar: $1,500 – $3,000
- For a workshop: $24,000 – $80,000
Social Media Projects
Establish your brand online, connect with your market, and expand your audience to global levels with shareable content.
Single, topic-specific blog posts written for your readers and the search engines (i.e., Google).
- Length of a blog post: 600 – 1,200 words
- Formatting for your blogging platform is extra.
- Price range: $100 – $800 per post
Short Video Script
Engage your audience with quick explainers, demos, case studies, how-to’s, testimonials, or short VSLs.
- 1-5 minutes long
- Price range: $500 – $1,500
Make the most of your podcast with a captivating script and persuasive copywriting.
- Price range: $500 – $1,000 per script minute
Scripts for automated customer services chatbots that answer your market’s most common inquiries.
- Cost per script: $2,000
Testimonial Social Posts
Generate credibility for your offers with real-world stories to share on your social network.
- Price range: $500 – $800
Make sure your prospects choose you on websites like Google Business, Yelp, AngelList, and more.
- Price range: $25 – $500
Looking for services beyond copywriting? I can help you improve or develop your marketing campaigns.
Strengthen your results with a professional review of your copy and recommendations.
- Service available for print and online copy
- Price range: $400 – $1,200 per piece
Key Message Copy Platform
Get max results in all your channels with a “master messaging roadmap.”
- I break down your marketing message into your unique selling proposition, the core complex of your audience, and the elements needed for a successful promotion
- Price range: $3,000 – $7,500
Personal Branding Profile Bundle
Make the best impression possible to potential partners, opening the door for new opportunities.
- The bundle includes a business mission, positioning statement, brand personality development, promotional tools, networking ideas, analytic tools, and an automation plan
- Cost of the bundle: $2,000
Develop a marketing plan that focuses on presenting practical solutions to your market.
- Your marketing plan includes positioning, branding, promoting, networking, measuring, and automating tactics.
- Cost for the marketing plan: $2,500
Improve your outcomes with a fresh look at different marketing approaches.
- 50-minute consulting session
- Cost per session: $150
Make sure your staff or club members understand how to produce better marketing and advertising.
- In-person seminar: $1,500 plus travel and lodging
- Online or teleseminar: $1,000
- Workshop: $5,000 per day plus travel and lodging
This is the most common payment approach.
Here I will invoice 50% of the copywriting fee before the project starts, and the remaining 50% at the deadline.
Prices will vary based on project scope, items to create, and fee ranges.
For ongoing copywriting – like blog posts, articles, and newsletters – it would be smarter for you to pay for our services using the monthly retainer system. These arrangements spell out deliverables and monthly rates and are usually for 6-month and 12-month agreements.
For monthly retainers, I will send an invoice at the beginning of each month for the work of the upcoming month. There’s a 30-day written cancellation clause with these agreements unless you get a discount with a 12-month contract.
I also include a 90-day trial period during which you are free to cancel our contract at any time.
If your company tracks sales and pays royalties for each campaign, a royalty agreement can be a beneficial arrangement for both parties. Because everyone wins when the copy is successful!
I usually ask for 1% of every sale produced by our work. That would be on top of an up-front service fee.
It would be like a commission. Or a bonus!
Terms of Service
I need a purchase order or letter of authorization for all jobs. Copywriting fees for projects are payable 50% in advance, and the remaining balance upon delivery.
You must assign all revisions within 30 days of receipt of the copy. I make two rewrites free of charge unless you base the revision on a change in the assignment made after I send the copy.
2022 Copywriting Fee Schedule
Listed prices are guidelines only. Fees change based on the product or service, as well as the complexity of the project. Fill out the copywriting order form today for a prompt price quotation on your specific assignment.
This copywriting fee schedule is current as of the 15th day of December of 2021 and valid for 90 days from the date of receipt. Be sure to contact me about the current copywriting fee schedule when ordering your copy or consulting services.