When it comes to B2B service marketing… is using direct response copywriting a waste of time and resources? Yes, it is – if it fails to get the targeted audience to take action.
In business, most letters and emails are written to generate a specific response. To close a sale, set up a meeting, get a job interview or make a contact. But many of these letters fail to do their job.
Do you know the reason?
Part of the problem is that many service professionals -and their support staff- don’t know how to write persuasively. And as a result, many of the letters and emails end up unread.
This is a problem that (certainly) costs service firms a lot of money – but how do you fix this problem?
The solution is a formula first discovered by advertising copywriters. A formula I learned from following the works of legendary copywriter Bob Bly.
A formula called “AIDA”.
Meet AIDA: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
First, the headline/ subject line gets attention … followed by a hard-hitting lead paragraph that goes straight to the point or offers an element of intrigue.
Then, the body of the text hooks the reader’s interest. The “hook” is often a clear statement of the reader’s problems – their wants, needs, or concerns. If you are writing to a customer who received damaged goods, state the problem. And then promise a solution.
Next, you create desire – you offer something: a service, a product, an agreement, a contract, a compromise, or a consultation. Tell the reader the benefit he’ll receive from your offering. Create a desire for your product.
And finally, call for action … ask for the order, the signature, the check, the assignment.
Put the AIDA Formula to Work for Your Firm
As a direct response copywriter, my mission is to produce sales copy and marketing content that helps B2B service firms boost their response rates and build long-lasting client relationships.
I can write for you:
- Advertising – copywriting for trade magazine and newspaper ads; as well as television and radio commercials
- Direct mail – mail packages designed to generate leads and mail orders; and telemarketing scripts that tie in with your campaign
- Digital marketing – landing pages and emails that connect and communicate with your client base to generate repeat deals
- Website pages – SEO and sales conversion copy for your home, category, and service pages
- Public relations (aka Content marketing) – articles, blog posts, and other engaging pieces that promote your firm, services, or cause
- Corporate communications – informative white papers, case studies, and other documents that spread across your sales funnel
And… if you need help designing a marketing strategy -or make improvements to your current strategy- to bring in more clients, I offer a variety of services that include consulting, copy critiques, and site audits.
Oh, by the way – this page, too, was written to get a specific result: for you to hire me to write a marketing piece for your business…
Did it succeed?
Ready to Talk?
Let me know what you need by filling out this form:
Juan Israel Ortiz